Every traveller requires a valid passport. It is the passenger's responsibility to establish his or her own individual requirements with the country of entry and re-entry.
Providing your passport is valid for the return date of travel, you may still travel with Brittany Ferries. It does not need to have six months validity upon your return.
Pets travel scheme : travelling with pets
Your pet must travel :
- Vaccinations and certificates up-to-date
- A valid DEFRA Pet Passport (or third country certificate)
Dial the country code of France : 00 33
Then dial the phone number excluding the 0 at the beginning of the number.
The hotel "La résidence des Artistes" : from 8:00 to 21:00, 5€ per luggage. More detail on the hotel.
In Saint Pol de Léon, at the following supermarkets : Super U & Leclerc.
- 18: Emergencies: This number connects to the fire brigade (Sapeurs Pompiers) but they deal with medical emergencies and should be the first port of call in life-threatening situations
- 15: Samu (for other urgent medical call-outs)
- 17: Police / Gendarmes
- 112: Universal European Emergency Services number - works from all phones including mobiles
- 114: Emergency calls (hearing assisted)
- 115: Emergency Shelter
- The Tourist Information Centre
- coffee bars (only for guests)
The ferry always leaves at local time.
There is no currency exchange store or kiosk in Roscoff. The nearest exchange office is in Brest. But there are several ATMs in Roscoff :
- Caisse d'Epargne - 9 rue Gambetta 24/24
- Crédit Agricole - 32 rue Amiral Réveillère 24/24
- Crédit Mutuel de Bretagne - 10 rue Louis Pasteur 24/24
The french eating habit is three meals a day. Most restaurants open at lunchtime from 12 :00 to 14 :00 and dinnertime from 19 :00 to 21 :30.
In France, fast food restaurants are opened all day.
In Roscoff, the Crêperie Les Amours Jaunes is opened at lunch and all afternoon.
July/August : La friterie – Le vieux port, Crêperie La Parenthèse, Crêperie de la Poste, Crêperie les Amours Jaunes... See more
Some football games are broadcasted at the Cafe Ty Pierre and the Winch Pub located in the Old Harbour.
On bank holidays you will find shops, museums and banks are often closed. Public holidays dates in France :
- January 1st
- April 16 & 17
- May 1, 8 & 10
- June 5
- July 14
- August 15
- November 1 & 11
- December 25
- Post office of Roscoff
- Le Sailor Bar - 2 rue Ropartz Morvan
- In farms : Ferme de Kergus – Chemin du Roc'h Trevigner in Roscoff
- Souvenir shops in town
- Supermarkets Super U and Leclerc in Saint Pol de Léon
- La Route des Vins - 33 rue Amiral Courbet – (WiFi access) Roscoff
- Wine Centre - Bonne Nouvelle - Roscoff
- Wine and Beer Supermaket – Keravel - Roscoff
- See more
The beach of Roc’h Kroum is one of the most popular beach of Roscoff. Roch'Kroum is reachable on foot from the town center (approx. 10min). During summer, the lifeguard looks after your safety on this beach. There are also two seawater swimming pools, useful at low tide for a bath !
During summer, on the Port of Bloscon (Reves de mer). The rest of the year you have to go to Saint-Pol-de-Léon (3 miles from Roscoff) :
Marco Velo (Rental and repair)
29 Rue de Brest - 29250 Saint-Pol-de-Léon
00 33 6 25 42 48 26
MLC (Rental and repair)
3 Place Alfred de Guébriant - 29250 Saint-Pol-de-Léon
00 33 9 80 31 25 61
Rue Jean Monnet - Saint-Pol-de-Léon
00 33 2 98 69 03 38
The railway station has a long-term (more than 48 hours) and free car park.
There is not a secure parking in Roscoff. However it is possible to leave your car in a private parking at the Hotel Armen Le Triton (Rue du Dr Bagot - 00 33 2 98 61 24 44)
You need to pay :
- Everyday between June and September
- From 9:00 am to 12:00 and from 2pm to 8pm
- If a parking sign has the word Horodateur beneath it or if it is written on the ground "payant".
There are several ticketmachines (horodateur).
Parking rates in Roscoff : 1hour = €0,50 ; 2hour = €2.50 ; 4h = €5 ; 8h = €10 ; 9h = €12. The first 30min are free.
Disabled drivers can park for free on reserved parking with a European parking card on their windscreen.
Some parking lots have blue markings meaning you must display a parking disc on your windscreen. Parking discs (« disque de stationnement ») are available for free at the Tourist Information Centre.
In Roscoff, dogs, even on a leash, are not allowed on the following beaches between the 1st of June and the 30th of september : Traon Erc'h - Pors Ar Gored - Saint-Luc - Rockroum - Poul Louz - Groa Rouz - Ruguel - Perharidy Pouldu and Grande Grève. However, during summer, dogs may enjoy the beach Le Laber, but must be kept on a leash at all times.
On the Island of Batz, dogs are allowed on the beach but on a leash.
In Santec, dogs are allowed on the beach before 10am and after 7pm and must be kept on a leash
In Saint-Pol-de-Léon, dogs are not allowed on the beach between the 15th of june and the 15th of september.
And don't forget to take necessary equipment with you to pick up and dispose of your dog's waste!