Every traveller requires a valid passport. It is the passenger's responsibility to establish his or her own individual requirements with the country of entry and re-entry.
Providing your passport is valid for the return date of travel, you may still travel with Brittany Ferries. It does not need to have six months validity upon your return.
Pets travel scheme : travelling with pets
Your pet must travel :
- Vaccinations and certificates up-to-date
- A valid DEFRA Pet Passport (or third country certificate)
Dial country code of France : 0033 dial the phone number then excluding the 0 at the beginning of the number.
Hotel "La résidence des Artistes" : from 8:00 to 21:00, 5€ per luggage. More detail on the hotel.
At Saint Pol de Léon, there are two supermakets Super U or Leclerc.
- 18: Emergencies: This number connects to the fire brigade (Sapeurs Pompiers) but they deal with medical emergencies and should be the first port of call in life-threatening situations
- 15: Samu (for other urgent medical call-outs)
- 17: Police / Gendarmes
- 112: Universal European Emergency Services number - works from all phones including mobiles
- 114: Emergency calls (hearing assisted)
- 115: Emergency Shelter
- Tourist board
- Square LeJeune
- coffee bars (to guests)
The ferry leaves always at the local time.
There is no currency exchange possibility in Roscoff. The nearest exchange office is in Brest. But there are severals cash withdraw machines in Roscoff :
- Caisse d'Epargne - 9 rue Gambetta 24/24
- Crédit Agricole - 32 rue Amiral Réveillère 24/24
- Crédit Mutuel de Bretagne - 10 rue Louis Pasteur 24/24
The French eating habits is three meals a day. Most of restaurants open at lunch from 12:00 to 14:00 and for dinner from 19:00 to 21:30.
In France fast food chain stay open all day long.
In Roscoff :
Crêperie Les Amours Jaunes open from lunch and the whole afternoon.
July/August : La friterie – Le vieux port, Crêperie La Parenthèse, Crêperie de la Poste, Crêperie les Amours Jaunes... See more
Some football game are broadcast at Ty Pierre and Winch Pub in the Old Harbourd.
On bank holidays you will find shops, museums and banks are often closed. For 2018, bank holiday dates in France :
- January 1
- April 16 & 17
- May 1, 8 & 10
- June 5
- July 14
- August 15
- November 1 & 11
- December 25
- Post office of Roscoff
- Le Sailor Bar - 2 rue Ropartz Morvan
- In farms : Ferme de Kergus – Chemin du Roc'h Trevigner in Roscoff
- Souvenir shops in town
- Supermarket Super U and Leclerc in Saint Pol de Léon
- La Route des Vins - 33 rue Amiral Courbet – (WiFi access) Roscoff
- Wine Centre - Bonne Nouvelle - Roscoff
- Wine and Beer Supermaket – Keravel - Roscoff
- See more
The beach of Roc’h Kroum is one of the most popular beaches of Roscoff. Roch'Kroum is reachable by foot from the town center (approx. 10min). During summer, the liefeguard look after your safety on this beach. There are also two pools of seawater, useful at low tide for a bath !
During the summer, on the Bloscon port (Reves de mer). The rest of the year you have to go to Saint-Pol-de-Léon (3 miles from Roscoff) :
Marco Velo (Rental and repair)
29 Rue de Brest - 29250 Saint-Pol-de-Léon
00 33 6 25 42 48 26
MLC (Rental and repair)
3 Place Alfred de Guébriant - 29250 Saint-Pol-de-Léon
00 33 9 80 31 25 61
Rue Jean Monnet - Saint-Pol-de-Léon
00 33 2 98 69 03 38
The car park of the railway station is a long-term parking (more than 48hours). It is a free parking.
There isn't a secure parking in Roscoff. However it is possible to leave your car in a private parking at the Hotel Armen Le Triton (Rue du Dr Bagot - 00 33 2 98 61 24 44)
You need to pay :
- Everyday between June and September
- From 9:00 am to 12:00 and from 2pm to 8pm
- If a parking sign has the word Horodateur beneath it or if it is written on the ground "payant".
There are several ticketmachines (horodateur).
Parking rates in Roscoff : 1hour = €0,50 ; 2hour = €2.50 ; 4h = €5 ; 8h = €10 ; 9h = €12. The first 30min are free.
Disabled drivers can park for free on reserved parking with a European parking card on their windscreen.
Some parking places are indicated by blue street markings. You must display a parking disc in your windscreen. Parking discs (disque de stationnement) are available for free at the tourist information centre.